#1 Lolly

Lolly

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

Advertisement

I already put a post up for Jody but not if it would be seen and she is too important a person not to have recognise for all the good she did over the years. .

I would like to put my own tribute to Jody Spitale who sadly passed away on the 22nd January 2015 aged 62 yrs young after a short Illness. 
My condolences go out the family and friends she left behind. She touched so many lives over the years including mine. She helped so many people to get on track with Thyroid Disease (It's uncanny that this month is Thyroid Awareness Month only Jody). 
For me Jody and Elaine Pacer Moore who were/are advocates for Graves Disease an Autoimmune disease and Thyroid Eye Disease. Elaine having been the author of books on the subject and other books and Jody featuring in the first book, helped me in the early stages, it was Jody who put me in touch with Elaine who has been a good friend and advocate over the years.

Back in 2005 I was Diagnosed with Graves Disease and Thyroid Eye Disease. I was scared I had no real Knowledge of what this disease could do, how it could effect you physically and Mentally or or even how to read my labs, I found Mediboard by chance the new site is now "Living Well with Graves Disease" , lots of people helped me out including Jody, she took me under her wings. I think my sense of humour prevailed as I would laugh off anything but deep down I was scared, the heart palps 140 a minute, the eye disease and trying to get a Dr or Endocriminologist to treat me correctly became a struggle, I learned how to read my own thyroid lab results and get the correct dose through Elaine and Jody.

I had to be my own Advocate, it is still a struggle today but I am a stronger person and can now fight for the right thing, even if sometimes through no fault of mine the Dr's just do not recognize some of the things I am fighting for, I still fight on....

Jody was there when Shannon my granddaughter was born premature. She was concerned for me when I had a Thrombus 2yrs ago in my heart, she would ask my family and friends for updates. 
We often sent messages to each other on FB and emailed and talked about things.
I even had the pleasure of talking to Jody long distance on the Telephone. She sounded nothing like I imagined her to be, she has such a sweet quiet voice, almost calming and I loved her American accent. We were in the process of arranging a Skype date with her daughter Libby, who is my Sis now as I always called Jody my mum. 
I am truly going to miss you Jody, heaven has gained an Angel a wonderful caring person who I know will be kicking butts up there and sorting out things because that is the kind of person she was. 
R.I.P my dear friend and my surrogate Mother, you touched so many lives and helped so many people including me, till we meet again. heart emoticon Lolly

If anyone wishes to donate this was the families wishes for Jody. I have already donated as I can not be there to say goodbye to a good friend.

If you wish to Donate here is the link

AARDA
www.aarda.org

To light a Candle visit 

http://lindfuneralho...pitale/10088547

RIP Jody all going to miss you. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and wishes.

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

{{{hugs}}} Lolly...!!!  I won't forget Jody and her sister Susan whom I had energy work sessions with when she was living here in my town.   :wub:

#3 Lolly

Lolly

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

Hugs back at you Linda I don't think any of us will forget Jody she will live on in us..come and tell us your story on FB JSMP I ma sure Libby would love to hear it.

#4 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

I will as soon as I get over this cold.  

{{{hugs}}}

#5 Lolly

Lolly

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

Song I have written for Jody I am hoping Debbie will sing it for me sorry but there is strong language in it. Set to the the tune of Jolene by Dolly Parton.

http://dearthyroid.o...y-lolly-parton/

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service