Armour Dose- Help! - Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

Armour Dose- Help!

rai graves armour dose help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hdebree

Hdebree

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Helen here from Austrlia,

need some advice and help.

Im 16 years post RAI and was taking thyroxine which was not working for me in the past 5 years. 

Finally found a dr in aus to prescribe me desiccated thyroid, armour and now struggling in the minefield of advice and forums about dosing....)

Currently on 2 grains split into 3 doses.

I mostly feel amazing minus leg cramps and eight gain.

Im supplementing iron, magnesium, vitamin C

I joined the FTPO groups from the Stop the Thyroid madness people and wow what a piece of work.

Those women was btichy, nasty and not helpful at all

I do not have any cortisol problems, I exercise daily, eat gluten free. 

My latest labs since armour are: 

FT4 11 (9-19)

TSH <0.01 (0.4 - 4.0)

Free T3 4.5 (3.0 - 5.5)

This lab was done six weeks in taking 60mg am 60 pm

My endo said he'd work with me and is happy for me to have a suppressed tsh but has to be 0.01 at the least not undetectable so he lowered my dose to 60 am 45pm

problem is now I'm getting hypo symptoms back.. i don't think its enough?

any advice experience would be appreciated...

Thanks

Helen 

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

Hi and welcome back.  Sounds like an increase with Armour is needed to get that FT4 to come up for the symptoms you are having.  If it were me, I'd want the FT4 to be at mid to the upper third ranges to feel better there at.

{{{hugs}}}

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rai, graves, armour, dose, help

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service