1 reply to this topic

#1 MrsMcD95

MrsMcD95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:55 AM

Advertisement

My husband was diagnosed with Graves' Disease about a year ago. In this time he gained about 40lbs. He has always been a smaller guy, around 175-180. However, after his treatment he got up to 220. We recently started a meal plan and workout routine. I am dropping weight, but he isn't. He is becoming increasingly discouraged. No matter what I do to help, I only seem to make it worse. I know if he doesn't lose the weight, it will continue to make him depressed. I have attended his doctor's appointments with him. We've both heard the doctor say "This will take time", "Losing weight won't be the same as before", but even still he is becoming more and more defeated.

What else can I do to help him? I feel like I am failing as a wife and as his support system.

Advertisement

#2 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

You're not failing as a wife! I was diagnosed with Graves Thyroid Disease 16 months ago, I've gained 56 pounds since starting my meds :( just 3 weeks ago my Endocrinologist lowered my dose again to see if it would help "wake" my metabolism, she also recommended that I take B 12, I've lost 6 pounds, which isn't much but it's better than gaining more weight. Exercise is important, and avoiding carbs as much as possible. I wish your husband luck.

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service