Confusion On Tapazole Dosing - Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

Confusion On Tapazole Dosing

Tapazole graves TSI normal T3 and T4 TSH lowish

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Atomictechy

Atomictechy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

Advertisement

I was diagnosed with Graves 1 year ago after 4 iodine scans.

I was diagnosed with thyroid Eye disease 4 months later.

Have been on dose of Tapazole 5mg and Atenolol 25mg for 5 months now

T3 and T4 results have been the same for 4 months

TSH slightly dropping

Thyroid Eyes now look normal. Some Blurr still exists  but vision  improving.

My Results           Normal ranges per Lab

TSH .6          0.45-4.50 normal

T3     4.1          3.1-6.2 normal

T4    13            9-19 normal

TSI 12.8          Should be negative

I have 1 endrocrinolgist who wants me to reduce my tapazole to ..25mg (and get off the drug soon)

The other endocrinologist tells me that I need to stay on Tapazole until TSI is negative

They both want me to radiate my thyroid in 6 months. 

I am confused.  Any insight?

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3971 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hi Atomictechy and welcome:

I would research all I can on Graves' Disease.  Getting the RAI will not necessarily solve problems.  The TSI can go up high for many years rom having the RAI along with host of other problems.  Elaine Moore is something like 29+ years post-RAI and still has problems.  She has a website:  elaine-moore.com that you can research at.

I hope the T3 and T4 tests are the Free T3 and the Free T4?  Ideally with having Graves', the FT3 should be at mid range and the FT4 at the mid to the upper third range.  

I am deleting all the excess posts you have made on the same posting with reposting within the thread. 

{{{hugs}}}

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tapazole, graves, TSI, normal T3 and T4, TSH lowish

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service