Anyone try teeth whitening?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

Advertisement

i drink a lot of coffee and i was wondering if anyone has used whitening products to get rid of yellow tint coffee drinking makes your teeth?

i think Crest whitening trays would really help us coffee drinkers out! i work with the people at Crest and the whitening trays whiten your teeth quickly and it''s only about 30 minutes a day.

you can still drink coffee after and before whenever you and still get whiter teeth, anyone think about whitening your teeth or using Crest?

Advertisement

#2 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

Hi -

This is a thyroid forum. If you or your "teeth whitening" friend (below) are interested in a "teeth whitening" forum/messageboard, why don't you try some of these:

http://forum.doityou...-whitening.html

http://ehealthforum....topic87728.html

http://www.teethwhit...m/messageboard/

Thanks!

#3 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4001 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hi Christine:

I really think it's one and the same person...! :blink:

#4 Kim3

Kim3

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Hi there,

The whitening agent in the tooth whitening kits is either hydrogen peroxide or Carbamide peroxide. Concentrations can be from about 7% to 16%, and you can use them during the day or at night depending on what you buy. These are the concentrations we use at the office, but you can probably find the weaker ones over the counter. There are so many products in the US over what we get in Canada, I do not try to stay current on them.

I work in a dental office and usually do not recommend whitening toothpastes as they can be very abrasive and you can get root sensitivity. Not a big deal if you use them periodically, but if your teeth get sensitive, then stop using the product.

If you want your teeth whiter, it is wise to get them cleaned professionally(to remove stains and tartar that cannot be brushed off) and then use a whitening kit. Our office does not promote say Crest Whitening Strips as results are not as good as what we can get with professional kits. If you cannot afford a kit at the dental office, try something over the counter. You are only putting out a few bucks and some people like the results and some come in for a professional kit. Note the whitening agent on the package as to how strong it is.

Kim

#5 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

I agree, Linda. I've been watching the "board statistics" at the bottom of the home page for several weeks now. Was wondering why the rash of new people with extremely oddball names. Only 2 of them have posted so far, and it was about teeth whitening. You'd think if you joined a thyroid forum, you'd introduce yourself and give some itty bitty clue as to what type of thyroid disorder you, your family member, or a friend might have. I also see the barrage of teeth whitening ads smattered all over the page on those threads. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

#6 Kim3

Kim3

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

Yes, maybe someone is in the wrong place. Just happen to know a bit about whitening, so thought I would answer

#7 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

Kim -

Your dental knowledge is always welcome. I've learned a lot about it from you. Thanks!

Just couldn't understand why all of a sudden, there are threads started on this subject, with no tie-in to thyroid. Maybe I should have waited until there were 2 or 3 MORE threads initiated on teeth whitening before I said something, but...........

Best Wishes,

Chris

#8 Lolly

Lolly

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:02 AM

It's holiday time and what better way to see a white Christmas get your teeth whitened, Chris spams coming out of the woodwork. My solution to there problem drink less coffee hell of alot cheaper.And go advertise somewhere else this is a thyroid forum.

#9 Rowdy

Rowdy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

I didn't know this teeth whitening stuff existed.Wow all these years I've been using my toilet bowl whitener! To find out now that I really never had to stick my head in the toilet.........

#10 Monica

Monica

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

Oh Geeeeez! I nearly choked on my lunch reading this and picturing you with your head in the toilet. Your humor is always so dry!!!

#11 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4001 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

Oh Geeeeez! I nearly choked on my lunch reading this and picturing you with your head in the toilet. Your humor is always so dry!!!

me, too...! I cracked up laughing reading this after I came home the other morning from taking my two youngest boys to school.

{{{hugs}}} :lol:

#12 Simon

Simon

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:01 PM

I really think it's one and the same person...! :blink:

Do you think it is the same person who is posting to dozens of other message boards unrelated to teeth whitening with teeth whitening questions ;)

Google is your friend.

I flagged the previous one to our moderators - can we just assume teeth whitening questions are spam for a while....

#13 AngelTrujillo

AngelTrujillo

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

OMG Rowdy,
I loved that one!!!
I got such a kick out of that!!
I needed a good laugh!!!!

Hugs
Angel

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service