Trab And T3 And T4 Results. Can You Help Me Understand? - Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

Trab And T3 And T4 Results. Can You Help Me Understand?

trab graves

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Himm

Himm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

I have recently been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism and my doctor thinks its graves. She tested me for

TSH is < 0.05 Normal Range 0.35-4.94,

t4 is 28 Normal range 9-19 

T4 is 6.4 - Normal Range 2.6-5.7

TRab is < 1.0 and normal range is <=0.9.

My general physician said it is unlikely caused by graves as my TRab is borderline so negative (the blood lab results also show it as normal = means negative). My doctor said we can do further tests if needed but for now just think its graves. I am in a bit of a gray area. can anyone help advice? I am taking methamizole 10 mg a day and my doctor will monitor my levels every month.

Thanks!

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3968 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hi and welcome Himm:

Please look at the above post of yours and see that the T4 is listed twice.  Which one of the tests is the T3?  Also are both the T3 and T4 tests the Free T3 and the Free T4?

The TSH is low and will be affected by positive thyroid antibodies to indicate Graves' Disease.  Keeping the Free T3 at mid range and the Free T4 at the upper third range will help to keep a lot of the symptoms away.    

The Thyroid 101 is a good place to start at to read and understand what needs to be done.

{{{hugs}}}

#3 Himm

Himm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Hi and thanks for the reply. Please check the correct levels below.

TSH is < 0.05 Normal Range 0.35-4.94,
t4 is 28 Normal range 9-19
T3 is 6.4 - Normal Range 2.6-5.7
TRab is < 1.0 and normal range is <=0.9.

Please comment on the tRab as well. Thansk so much really appreciate it!

#4 Himm

Himm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

And yes they are free t3 and t4 I just double checked! Thanks!

#5 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3968 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

Hi:

Thank you.   :) 

The TRAb measures all the antibodies such as blocking and stimulating which the TSI is part of for the Graves' Disease if that had been done.  The low TSH indicates positive thyroid antibodies are involved and it cannot be used to dose the meds by.  The meds taken is dosed by the FT3 and the FT4 tests.

What kind of symptoms are you having?

{{[hugs}}}

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service