OT - how do you save a favorites folder? - The Lounge - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

OT - how do you save a favorites folder?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cd3764

cd3764

Very Prolific Member

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1781 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

Advertisement

Hi everyone

You know, the last time my hard drive crashed, I could have lost all the info I had stored in my favorites.

The only reason I didn't lose it was due to the fact that my son's friend has hard drive recovery software.

Moving forward, I'd like to be able to store my favorites on my external hard drive as I do my documents, pics, etc.

Now, I am able to copy each individual link or whatever but it is quite time-consuming.

Since I have a folder in my favorites called "thyroid stuff", I'd love to be able to copy the entire folder into a document
but Word tells me it can't.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would be most appreciative.

Thanks a bunch!

Carol

Advertisement

#2 AngelTrujillo

AngelTrujillo

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

This is what I do carol.
It is long and tedious and time consuming LOL.
I cut and paste all links that are in favorites to a document and then save it. THa tmeans going to each and every site and copping the link and saving it to the document. It is the only way that I know how to do it.
Although I do have the nack for doing things the long and hard way LOL. IT works though.

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))0
Angel

#3 cd3764

cd3764

Very Prolific Member

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1781 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

This is what I do carol.
It is long and tedious and time consuming LOL.
I cut and paste all links that are in favorites to a document and then save it. THa tmeans going to each and every site and copping the link and saving it to the document. It is the only way that I know how to do it.
Although I do have the nack for doing things the long and hard way LOL. IT works though.

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))0
Angel

Hi Angel

That sounds pretty similar to what I'm currently doing - there HAS to be an easier way - yikes!

Glad I'm not the only one doing things the hard way :)

(((hugs))) Carol

#4 AngelTrujillo

AngelTrujillo

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

LOL, I have thought the same thing every time I have had to do it.
I hope some one asnwers that has the answer to it, because I am sure we both can use it LOL!

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

#5 Monica

Monica

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

I called my ex because this was something I needed to know too. Here are instructions for firefox. If you have IE, you'll have to hunt around to find the same procedure.

In firefox, click on the "bookmarks tab" and go down to "organize bookmarks". There will be 4 buttons and the one on the far right looks like a star. Click on it and go down to "export html". This stores a file on your desktop as its default but you can send it to a flash drive or external drive. Then if you lose your data, you can then use the "import html" button to restore your data. Hope this helps. If you don't have firefox and want to give it a try it will import your IE favorites and then you can save them from firefox. I've not had any problems with firefox or thunderbird but Tammy who posts here had a lot of problems with it. It could be because I use a mac but I also had firefox on my old PC with no problems.

#6 AngelTrujillo

AngelTrujillo

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

Ohhhh thank you Monica,
I have both and I share folders and websites between the two.
Cool Thank you!!!

HUGS
Angel

#7 cd3764

cd3764

Very Prolific Member

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1781 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Thanks a bunch, Monica!

Ex's come in handy once and awhile, don't they? :)

Usually one of my kids answers these types of questions - I have three sons ranging
in age from 12 to 28 (don't even bother asking :) ) yet none of them had (or wanted
to have :) ) the answer to this question.

I no longer use Firefox 'cuz certain sites I need to visit frequently only work well with IE but I'm
going to give it a shot nonetheless.

I'll be printing your instructions out - lol

Thanks again!

Carol

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service