#1 Monica

Monica

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

Advertisement

I just took a temporary job as a recruiter for the US Census Bureau. As you probably know, this year is the time for the Decennial Census. Census forms will be mailed out in a few weeks and I encourage everyone to fill theirs out and return it. I know a lot of people have hard feelings about the government, but census data is crucial for local funding. For each person that is not counted it is estimated that $1200 per year is missed out on local funding. If we miss just 100 people in a county that works out to 1.2 million dollars missed by that county over 10 years. Losing federal funds often means increases in property taxes. Plus the data is also analyzed for planning future public services in your area such as where to build new schools or fire stations.

Right now we are gearing up to hire the bulk of our temporary workers in the next 45 days. If you or anyone that you know in your area is looking for work please call 1-866-861-2010 or go to http://2010.census.gov/2010censusjobs/ to find out about opportunities in your area and to sign up to take a basic skills test. The pay is very good. In my area census takers make $11.75 per hour and are paid 50 cents per mile for millage. All training is paid. The hours are flexible but does require some nights and weekends. There are a limited amount of office clerk positions available too.

Almost everyone knows someone who is out of work or underemployed. Please pass the word along, it very well might be the answer to someone's prayers.

I hope that no one considers this bad etiquette. I assure you I don't get paid for referrals and people signing up across the country has no bearing on my job here in GA. I worked with the Census Bureau last spring in Quality Control for Address Canvasing. I was surprised at how much civic pride it fostered in me. I do a lot of genealogy research with old census records and I think about future generations using the data we collect today to find out about their ancestors which are us.

Advertisement

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service