Gravesí Disease And Cushing Syndrome - Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

Gravesí Disease And Cushing Syndrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andreapower

andreapower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 01:24 PM

Advertisement

I have not been on this site in years, seems I have contacted new issues. Does anyone here have issues with Cushing’s syndrome or polycythemia, I am having large issues with this and wondered if there is a link to graves.

Advertisement

#2 Allies

Allies

Very Prolific Member

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 02:59 PM

I have not been on this site in years, seems I have contacted new issues. Does anyone here have issues with Cushings syndrome or polycythemia, I am having large issues with this and wondered if there is a link to graves.

My, admitedly non medical, opinion is that these things are all linked at some level. Both the thyroid and adrenal glands are often described as the major orchestrators of our metabolism. The thyroid because thyroid hormone levels are intrinsically linked with energy production and the adrenals because they seem to compensate if thyroid hormones stay too low or too high for too long. The glands need to work together, and an imbalance in one area may have negative effects in the other.

Out of curiosity, how were you diagnosed with these things? I imagine that an endocrinologist ran a series of blood tests?

Allies
:)

#3 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3951 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 03:15 PM

andreapower:

If you haven't yet, try doing a search here for anything that comes up with the Adrenals and Thyroid.  This forum is from 2008(?).  We are missing more of the forum from since 1999 when it crashed in 2008 and the data was lost.  Back then I recall having seen much things being said about the Adrenals and the need to support them alongside with the thyroid to be able to heal.

So yes, to answer your question, there is the link you are asking about.  

{{{hugs}}}

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service