Covid 19 Vaccines And Graves - Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

Covid 19 Vaccines And Graves

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Joan C

Joan C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:50 PM

Advertisement
Although I'm in remission, I am fearful of taking the vaccine. I developed another autoimmune last year, eczema. Any thoughts or guidance?

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3984 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:08 PM

Hello JoanC:

Welcome to the forum.

I am also in remission for going on now 10 months.  I do not plan to take vaccines of any type and haven't since 1999.  In 1999 I took a vaccine and began developing Graves' the following year.  I was also postpartum 7 months when I began with the symptoms.

I have been following my NMD (naturopathic) suggestions and others on various blogs for COVID with using Zinc, vitamin C, Quercetin, vitamin D3, B complex, liquid minerals along with other liquid mineral types such as Magnesium, Colloidal Silver, trace minerals, astaxanthin, etc.  to keep my immune system as balanced as possible.

If you wish, search on my name for past posts to get an idea.  

I have eczema on my lower legs now.  Or that could be defined as Pretibial Myxedema.  I have been using Oatmeal on my legs.  

I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis going on over 28 years and I keep as balanced as possible with the vits/supps mentioned above and as well as avoiding triggers and keeping my household and personal products as 'clean' (green).  I do the same with my diet - organic and non gmo and less processed.  Any processed I do use are as healthy and free without the added 'stuff'.

{{{hugs}}}

#3 Joan C

Joan C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:24 PM

Thank you. I do the same as you do. I take Theravir that has all the correct amounts. I contacted a Dr that will prescribe Hydroxychloaquin if I should contract the virus or I could just add another 500mg of Quercetin.
I try to do whole food non processed, organic foods as much as possible.
I hope we qualify for a vaccine exemption.

#4 Allies

Allies

Very Prolific Member

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:43 PM

I just found this forum and your post. I am a 9 year Graves Survivor. My best help was from 2 authors. Dr Amy Meyer and Svelta Bancova. I took protocols from each, changed my diet completely and went into remission in 3 months. I still deal with chronic inflammation and elevated cholesterol, but am symptom free from Graves.
Good luck with yours. Let us know how you are doing.

Hil Joan :)

I stole the above from Darrah's thread because it provoked an interesting thought in regards to cholesterol. I'd just been reading over on Elaine Moore's website an observation that I keep coming across and that is an association between hypothyroidism and high cholesterol and conversely hyperthyroidism and low cholesterol and I wonder if you are familiar with the idea that we can also have hypothyroid phases of Grave's disease?

While we are probably all familiar with the fast (and sometimes exhausting!) metabolism caused by high thyroid hormone levels, sometimes I think we have to consider the effects of a metabolism that has been slowed down by thyroid hormone levels that are too low for us, because we can end up in that situation, at least temporarily.

So... I'm wondering if your high cholesterol might indicate low (for you) thyroid hormone levels, and that both eczema and persistent inflammation might be symptoms of a metabolism that is slow? Just a thought...

I read some of Amy Myers work early on and initially thought " I could never do all that!" but it turns out I now actually do quite a bit of what she recommends :) ..and I'm in remission from hyperthyroid Grave's disease too - as for a hypo phase, well I'm not quite sure

Regarding the covid vaccinations, I'm wary of these too. It might be a while before anyone has a really good sense of how safe they are for different segments of society. We know they are designed to provoke a specific immune response, what we don't know is how a hyper-vigilant immune system might respond. I certainly will not be lining up for the Pfizer biontec vaccine as we already know that it can cause anaphylactic type responses in susceptible individuals - I've no idea if I would have a serious negative resonse to that vaccine, but do know I have mild (in comparison to anaphylaxis) allergic reactions to some things, intolerances to other things and a propensity to make autoimmune antibodies. I know some commentators say that this sort of thing is to be expected with any vaccine, strangely I do not find that even remotely reassuring.

{{{hugs }}}
Allies

#5 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3984 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 02:44 PM

Hi all:

I have been reading today, with interest, about the vaccine fact checkers from mercola.com. 

I was also impressed with many of the reviews that were posted discussing the safety of vaccines.  One review is from a lawyer who posted on his website on what things are put in vaccines.

https://www.jamesrob...t-vaccinations/

{{{hugs}}}

#6 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3984 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 02:48 PM

Joan C:

Thanks for posting about the Theravir.  I am researching it.  I also take Melatonin 3 mg in the evenings.  

{{{hugs}}}

#7 gwendomas

gwendomas

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:14 PM

Hello ladies,

It's been a while since I posted I hope everyone is doing well!!

I wanted to check in to see what you all were thinking

about taking the vaccine? I only could find this thread and I'm curious if you have changed your minds about it? it looks like this thread is from 2020

I have been in remission for almost 2 years now and it does worry me to take the vaccine but of course getting covid worries me as well! :/

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thank you in advance,

Wendy

#8 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3984 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:24 PM

Hi Wendy:

I will not be taking the vaccines (or gene therapy) and I am 58.  I have been in remission for over a year now.  

I am just continuing to taking my wholefoods based vitamins (no synthetics), minerals, other supplements.  Continue with consuming organic as possible diet with little processed foods, using green household and personal products.

Just following whatever else other recommendations from my NMD to stay healthy and be as balanced as possible. 

{{{hugs}}}  

#9 gwendomas

gwendomas

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:54 PM

Hi Mmztcass!

Thanks for your reply. I've decided to do the same and amp up on zinc and vitamin c, green tea etc!

Stay well,

Wendy

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service