1 reply to this topic

#1 sarah

sarah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

Advertisement

Hi guys as you can see from my last post i am new here.

Just wondered if any one can give me some advice on what foods are best to eat with graves disease as when it comes to eating the
right things you could say im a bit stupid.

On some places ive looked people say broccoli, peaches and turnips are good altho i hate all off them. Can any one give me some advice
on what else i can eat as some peoeple say it can be controlled or helped by the food you eat. As i have just been diagnosed i would
like to try and get it under control.

does any body also know how to control your weight as ive only been on my pills for a few days but it seems to be dropping off me and
im not the biggest person in the world. Im going to docs on wednesday so if no one can advise on here i shall ask then

Many thanks Sarah xx

Advertisement

#2 Misty

Misty

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

Hi Sarah,

I am late with a job so will make this quick but these articles should be a start. Generally we tell people to cook like our grandmothers did, simple healthy foods, watching additives and learning what triggers make us feel worse (iodine, aspartame, msg). And lots of protein to rebuild what the Graves' has burned up while you were in overdrive--whether meat, cheese, eggs, peanut butter.

Here is some info from some of the wise oldtimers of this board, from the thyroid 101 section:

https://www.livingwithgravesdisease.com/forums/topic/10-diet-exercise/

Here are two articles from Elaine:

http://elaine-moore.com/MyArticles/GravesDisease/LifestyleInfluences/tabid/122/Default.aspx

http://elaine-moore.com/MyArticles/AlternativeandComplementaryMedicine/DietinAutoimmuneDisease/tabid/202/Default.aspx

Best wishes,
Yvonne

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service