3 replies to this topic

#1 kadi39

kadi39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Advertisement

Hello, I have no idea if I am doing this right so if I get no response then I will continue as I am. I am newly diagnosed with Graves, having been very sick with the ups and downs of the disease I have so many questions. Will I be able to work, what is the life expectany, will I have to have surgery, will I ever feel normal again? I don't knowwhich is worse at this moment, knowing or the not knowing. I am a single mom with 2 at home, and self employed. Just don't know what to expect.

Advertisement

#2 Misty

Misty

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

Hello, I have no idea if I am doing this right so if I get no response then I will continue as I am. I am newly diagnosed with Graves, having been very sick with the ups and downs of the disease I have so many questions. Will I be able to work, what is the life expectany, will I have to have surgery, will I ever feel normal again? I don't knowwhich is worse at this moment, knowing or the not knowing. I am a single mom with 2 at home, and self employed. Just don't know what to expect.

Hi Kadi,

I am moving your post to the "Forum Topics" section, where more people will see it. Welcome to the Board!
Yvonne, in remission

#3 wolf

wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

Should I post questions in the disscussion area? Got to admit it is a little confusing.I've never been on a board? before and don't really know what to do.Could you do a step by step for me?My son set up the picture stuff for me as well as finding this disscussion group.Kids are so smart these days.Makes me feel stupid.Thought I was suppose to teach him.
Thanks in advance.

#4 Misty

Misty

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:49 AM

Should I post questions in the disscussion area? Got to admit it is a little confusing.I've never been on a board? before and don't really know what to do.Could you do a step by step for me?My son set up the picture stuff for me as well as finding this disscussion group.Kids are so smart these days.Makes me feel stupid.Thought I was suppose to teach him.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Wolf, and welcome. Yes, the discussion thread is the place to post most questions--plus it's at the top, where more people will see it, lol. I'll move your post over there now. Your post was fine, just in the wrong place.

Let us know a little about your where you are on the Graves' journey and we will be glad to help. You can also learn a lot of useful information at the Thyroid 101 section.

As for kids and computers, I think our role is to give them the computer and theirs is to show us how to use it!

best wishes,
Yvonne, PTU 2002-2005, remission since then

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service