1 reply to this topic

#1 SonnyC

SonnyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

Advertisement

Hi, I am new to the fourm. My son was recently diagnosed with graves about a week ago. He is 13 years old. We believe he had graves for over a year probably longer. We just didnt put the symptoms together fast enough. He's been on meds for about a week. I was just wondering what to expect in the next few months. I know the process is long and the possibilty of surgery or RAI could be coming in the future. Do symptoms like sitting still, focus and mood ever come back? He's an ok student, I would say b, which now considering his disadvantage is probably good. We are new to the disease and worried parents. The internet and doctors have provided good information but it would be nice to hear from people who actually suffer from graves, especially parents of children who ae going through this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

frank

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4001 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hi there:

This is the chit chat lounge not related to thyroid discussion.

We moved your Qs from the Personal stories and some answers for about your son are over at the Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussions.

See you over there.

{{{hugs}}} :)

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service