11 replies to this topic

#1 _DonnaFrances

_DonnaFrances

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

Advertisement

Hi everyone ~ yeah it's me DonnaFrances but had to re-sign up w/ the underscore on my name.

How's everyone? I'll update in a while, there's a lot good.

But as always when I need medical info I come to you guys!
A friend of a friend has newly dx macular degeneration and
I'm hoping there's some great forum like Mediboard that I
can pass onto them.

Is MD autoimmune, for starters? The newly dx has diabetes.

Thanks!
-DF dx 2003, Big R 2005

Advertisement

#2 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hey DF!!!

How the hell are ya!! Good to see you. How are you doing these days?

Best Wishes,
Granny Chris

#3 _DonnaFrances

_DonnaFrances

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Hey DF!!!

How the hell are ya!! Good to see you. How are you doing these days?

Best Wishes,
Granny Chris

Chris!!!!! Omigosh t hee (just tickled).

Well, I am finding my way as a single parent and been given 2nd chance w/ music, so going for it.

The online ♪♪-ical resume is rather growing...(how much time if any do peeps have?) Well - this
is a fav, about 2 months ago, sitting in (drums). I could NOT be doing this w/out you guys!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1VDbXlsfvY

#4 _DonnaFrances

_DonnaFrances

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

I should back up a sec, esp for newbies.

I came here very sick & untreated in 2003, and shortly after dx Graves' post partum following my 7th child's birth.
It was so difficult to try to learn about this disease "while" so sick, but the example & support of those here
combined w/ prayer from everywhere...oh and the logs, the logs...of symptoms & all, and getting out of pocket labs,
fleeing the endo's. But somehow I did hang in there, my OB began monitoring me and the little chiropractor really
did the rest (he was an herbalist + very versed in vitamins -- that D3 level and working to get it up, I credit that
most w/ getting me into remission in 2005). I did a lot of "small" manageable lifestyle changes along w/ the big ones.

Looking back, I see clearly that getting well (which included returning to drums after a 12 yr break) coincided w/
marriage going the opposite. And so the past 2 yrs have been re-building and healing from that.

The music is very important. I've been playing on & off since age 7, am most often a singing drummer, newly
appearing (a song here, a couple songs there) as a singer/songwriter both solo and w/ my reg. band. Dues are hard now,
but I just do music better than anything else.

So that's it in a nutshell, very boring: children & music pretty much. It's easy to post publicly about music progression/journey. Obviously not so w/ the children -- but THEY are supreme. And they are...I am just so proud of them and love them so much! All wounds cannot heal totally in this life, but wow, they are incredible. All I do is to try to be here for them, whatever that may mean (cooking to snuggling). Like music, that I "can" do.

There are getting to be some youtubes, some I'm very OK w/ posting. They're different, a couple mainly drumming,
a couple as a lead-singing drummer and one original - most are live. I keep taking chances and it's really exhilarating
and nerve-wracking. But sometimes (more and more increasingly) it feels serene. That's one reason I like that first
youtube posted -- it was really good to see myself SERENE and flowing, I'd not seen that before.

edited

#5 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hi DF:

So great to hear from you and that you are hangin' in there and doing well...! Sorry about marriage going south. I'd forgotten that you have 7 children. How old are they now? Great drummin' you do. I love music and always watching my favs on the Youtube.

{{{hugs}}} :)

#6 _DonnaFrances

_DonnaFrances

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi Linda! It has been awhile ~ thanks for your ear, isn't youtube something? Like video postcards :)

I hope all is well with you and your family.

Pleased you ask about the children! They're ages 7 to 20!! It's hard to believe I 1st came here, typing
w/ one finger while I nursed the now-7-yr-old.

-DF

#7 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

Wow! You look great and sound great, too! Do I detect a little bit of Louisiana flavor in that great jam? Now ya did it - I'm singing "Babah, babah, babah..... babah, babah, babah" all day long --- hahaha! So good to hear you're going well after a long rough trip. Great to see you!

Hi Linda!! Hope you're doing great, too!

Best Wishes,
Chris

#8 _DonnaFrances

_DonnaFrances

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Thanks, Chris!

Yeah, it was a swamp thing that night, loved it!

What's going on - are you still at 2.5 MMI?
"The venerable G. Chris" -- what a long strange trip it's been!

-DF

#9 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hey DF -

Love that swamp music!! Oh, and congrats on the SIX YEAR remission!! Good for you!!

Nah, I'm only down to 6 mg a day (yes, 2 mg crumbs, 3 times a day), but remission could still be in there somewhere. Never give up, huh? For your entertainment, I've included my profile/signature.

Best of luck always,
Chris

#10 _DonnaFrances

_DonnaFrances

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:16 AM

Hey DF -

Love that swamp music!! Oh, and congrats on the SIX YEAR remission!! Good for you!!

Nah, I'm only down to 6 mg a day (yes, 2 mg crumbs, 3 times a day), but remission could still be in there somewhere. Never give up, huh? For your entertainment, I've included my profile/signature.

Best of luck always,
Chris

Hey Chris!

Lookit that steady progress you've made weaning down on the beta blocker. 'Never give up', I LOVE that about you. Thanks for your history all in one neat place & package.

(Sorry about being MIA)

-DF

#11 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Stop by anytime! We never know who will show up and when. Always good to see ya!

Chris

#12 _DonnaFrances

_DonnaFrances

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hey Chris ~ well, have a good day.

Everyone -- lol, forgot to put up the singer/songwriter thing. Lyrics are at the youtube site proper.

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service