1 reply to this topic

#1 K.E.P. Binga

K.E.P. Binga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

Advertisement

I was diagnose with the hypotheroidims in 2004 and since then I was on medication (eltroxine). I was doing my regular test of T3, T4 and TSH. My last test was done june 2010 and then I went to South Sudan to work for United Nations Mission. In April 2011 I started sweating a lot and I thought it is just the heat of the country, then came the chronic itching all over my whole body, and rapid increase in my weight. I had different symptoms that I couldn't understand and I thought may be I have to increase my dosage, but before that I went home to do another test. My family and friends notice that my right eye is poping out. When I received my test result my doctor take me off from eltroxine. To my doctors suprise, she told me my thyroid is too overactive. I was told I have graves disease.I was told to do the follow-up test which will be done on the 19 October 2011. Can someone please tell me how that happens, that the thyroid which was underactive change into graves disease, because I don't find it anywhere. And I am trying to understand.

Thank you...

K.E.P.

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3951 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hi:

You might want to repost this under the Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion. Go down to the middle where the forum topics are to put in as a new topic.

This section is for personal stories only.

See you and {{{hugs}}} :)

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service