Recently Diagnosed With Graves - Still No Treatment! - Personal Stories - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

Recently Diagnosed With Graves - Still No Treatment!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Natalie74

Natalie74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Advertisement
I was recently diagnosed with Graves on my 37th Birthday.
A visit to my doctor was when he picked up on my elevated heart rate 140beats per/min (I'd only been sitting reading a mag in the waiting room for 40mins).
Sent for bloods T3 was 14.8, T4 was 15.9 - TSH 0.01, second visit levels around the same but heart rate back within normal range...sent for ultrasound.
Ultrasound confirmed Graves...thyroid only slightly bigger then normal, discoloured and what appears to have a small cyst!?
Just had my third lot of blood tests and awaiting results on levels etc.

I've had a large number of symptoms.
Hands Shaking, Heart palpitations, terrible insomia, crazy mood swings...sometimes i'm so angry inside other times I'm so sad, extreme fatigue, highs & lows, im hot & face sweaty, fuzzy, tired sore eyes...pain behind mainly one which seems to become a migraine if not caught in time, anxiety, unable to focus and struggling to get through the day without feeling overwhelmed. I've also had two miscarriages in the past two years.

To sum it up...I feel like im losing control of my life and my mind. :blink:

After reading a few different forums and information on Graves...it seems that all these feelings are normal?

Natalie

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3918 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hi:

You might want to repost under the forum topics at the Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion. This section is for people sharing successful thyroid stories on how they overcame or managed their Graves' Disease.

{{{hugs}}} ;)

#3 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3918 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hi Natalie:

Yes the feelings are 'normal' for those with thyroid problems.

Check out the Thyroid 101 to get an idea how to be proactive and help yourself with your thyroid care. You have thyroid disease for life.

{{{hugs}}} :)

#4 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Please post the new testing (and include the lab ranges so we can see where the levels actually are) when you get them. If you are hyper, you should be offered antithyroid drugs to bring them down to normal. Please keep us posted.

Chris

#5 Natalie74

Natalie74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the reply!

I've looked around and can't find the other area to post in!? I'm also blonde! lol

I must of been reading something else coming up with the last T3 & T4 levels! So I asked the doctor to print them this time.

I went to the doctor today and kinda did think result would be different...kidding myself just slightly!

24.11.11 T4: 26.9H / T3: 11.8H / TSH: 0.01L
06.12.12 T4: 24.4H / T3: 10.2H / TSH: 0.01L

Was put on medication today and thankfully sleeping tables.

It was my understanding I was going to be given one lot of tablets but when I got them filled there were two different tablets.
Deralin & Neo-Mercazole...follow up appointment in two weeks!

Fingers crossed :)

#6 Christine

Christine

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Natalie - Please look under the "Graves' Disease and Thyroid Discussion" which is the next section down (called forums and then "forum topics") and it's below the "Subforums" of Thyroid 101 and personal stories. You will see your name in the post title. I am transferring your latest post there.

This has gotten to be a real problem, having so many different sections for posting. Our old format was much simpler. Sometimes "change" is a pain in the rear.

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service