New Here, Popping In To Introuduce Myself. - The Lounge - Living with Graves Disease

Advertisement

Photo

New Here, Popping In To Introuduce Myself.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 linda

linda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Advertisement

Hi all
I have been living with graves disease for over 20 years without many problems but the last few years it seems like I am not feeling that great. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this. My eyes are bulgy and sore and the eye doc diagnosed with with expothalmus?? I have been having corneal abrasions and they really hurt. I have had 3 incidents in the past 6 months with this. I use eye drops, lubricant at night and have a humdifier. I have also been taking flaxseed and fish oil in the hope that this will help. It's very frustrating. I have also been going hot and cold so many times a day. One minute I am so hot and then about 10 mins later I have goosebumps . Seemingly my labs are normal. I am going back to my endo next month just to make sure. Also my joints have been really sore, especially my shoulders. Gosh, I sound like such a whiner, sorry. Just feeling desperate at the moment. I currently live in Mississippi but am moving back to the UK in the next few months..

Advertisement

#2 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi and welcome:

If you would please post your labs and the ranges, we can better help you. Just because your labs are within the ranges, doesn't mean these are in the 'right' places for you. We each have our own set points within the ranges. I do better with the Free T4 mid range and sometimes a bit below. Also the Free T3 cannot be any higher than mid range for me.

I have dry eyes which fluctuates during my cycles. As my cycle nears to starting over again, my eyes are drier. I am unable to take flaxseed oil, but I supplement with Salmon oil.

Also I find that taking the B vitamins (such as the Vitamin B Complex) to be helpful for my eyes. I take in the multi either as separate or sometimes together. Not always, depending on what is going on with me.

{{{hugs}}} :)

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service