#1 K9Mom ~ Doris

K9Mom ~ Doris

Past Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Advertisement

Hello to old and new members! I have not been around for years because I've been enjoying my life and my remission. I'm returning to the forum to get some information for a neighbor that was just diagnosed hyperthyroid and is struggling. Imagine my surprise when she called me last night and said she had to cancel going to our pottery class because she was not well. One thing led to another and I discovered that she is hyper and has been on Methimazole since last week....10mg twice a day. I'm printing out my old posts about my remission journey and my story for her. I'm excited to help someone again through this hellacious journey.

Just reading the posts brings back so many memories. The frustration level of going through treatment and the Endo's...OMG! Going to get my friend on the right track and help her have the fortitude to fight the good fight.

Advertisement

#2 Misty

Misty

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi Doris! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. Lots of the oldtimers have been popping in from time to time, including Monica and Pam L., while Carol and Linda have been holding the fort.

Do you remember Val/Boatkitten and her young son Austin? I recently learned he was graduating high school with a full scholarship to study biochemistry and nanotechnology in college. Now that's a great remission!

We don't hear from Elaine Moore as often but she has a great site of her own and answers questions there--Elaine-Moore.com.

I'm in Maine and enjoying a solid remission (since 2005) and good health. Glad to hear you're enjoying good health as well.

Best wishes,
Nicole Yvonne

#3 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4048 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hi Doris:

I am so happy to have you pop in for a visit. :)

It is a great idea to print out everything and anything for your neighbor/friend. Anything you can do to help is a lovely gesture on your part. Should your friend wish to come here and get more support from us and to go and Thyroid 101, it would be fine also.

I am so happy for you and your continued remission. I think I'm finally going to go for a remission after 9 years taking very low, wee doses of MMI. I believe my TSI antibodies is finally going away on a combo of different therapies and taking Low Dosed Naltrexone. So wish me luck as I do have multiple autoimmune diseases.

Love and {{{hugs}}} :)

#4 K9Mom ~ Doris

K9Mom ~ Doris

Past Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Linda, it made my heart smile when I logged in to see you moderating and carrying on the fight! :) Good to see you too Yvonne! I can't believe that Austin is graduating! Has it been that long? Time flies! I've retired myself from work and stay home with Mom (who just turned 88 last week). Hubby and I dabble in pottery as a hobby and I spend way too much time playing games online! LOL Still in remission and feeling great. Just joined a gym last month, hired a trainer and trying to kick my menopausal tummy fat in the butt! :)

#5 K9Mom ~ Doris

K9Mom ~ Doris

Past Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Oh and Linda, don't get upset if you swing a little hyper after you go off the MMI. I did...was working for a Internal Medicine doc at the time and he insisted that I go back on Tapazole. I did to appease him, a few months later and I'm hypo and weaning off of it...been in remission since. I was probably only on Tap for 3 months that time so no biggie!

#6 pbhunt

pbhunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hi Doris!

I think about you sometimes, and how helpful you were with my Graves challenge. Thanks to all the help on here, I have been in remission for over 5 years. Life is sometimes difficult, but not worrying about my thyroid, and being off medication is great!

I hope you are doing well. Bill & I are still working but traveling as much as possible. We spent April on a trip to Sydney and cruise back to Hawaii with stops in Auckland, Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. It was awesome, and their wildlife is fabulous and so interesting.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi! The new moderators seem to be very helpful and compassionate...just as you were! I still read sometimes, just to remind myself how thankful I am, and that things are ever so much better than that hyperthyroid place.

Wishing you much happiness Doris, with all of your pursuits.

Fondest,

Patti

Unfortunately my eyes stayed asymmetrical: Posted Image Greatly improved, but I will probably have them evened out one of these years.

#7 mmztcass

mmztcass

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4048 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Doris:

Thanks for your kind words about carrying on the fight. I do what I can and so does Carol. :)

I remembered what happened with you in making your doctor happy in restarting your Tap. Lucky thing you did go off of it and have been fine since then.

I know I will be in the 'right' place shortly to finally make this work. Then all of the other AID I have will show big improvements.

{{{hugs}}} :)

#8 K9Mom ~ Doris

K9Mom ~ Doris

Past Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

What a FABULOUS trip Patti!!!! I'm "pea green" with envy! :) Looks like you had a BLAST! Isn't that what it's all about? Getting well and living life to it's fullest. I think those of us that made the trip through hell appreciate life a bit more than others now. ;) Good to see you again!

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service