6 replies to this topic

#1 marisa

marisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Advertisement

Bit scared well alot. Finding the whole thing hard to cope with. Feel v alone:-(

Advertisement

#2 Misty

Misty

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hi Marisa, and welcome!

If you post here

https://www.livingwithgravesdisease.com/forums/index.php?/forum/3-graves-disease-and-thyroid-discussion/

in the main forum, more people we see your thread.

Do you want to tell us a little more about your situation? Yes, Graves' is overwhelming at first, not only are you coping with a disease you probably had never heard of before, your body is running in overdrive, so you are dealing with high heart rate, poor sleep, and difficulty concentrating or staying on an even keel (for most of us).

If you have time to read the Thyroid 101 section you can start learning the lifestyle changes that will speed your recovery--these include avoiding dietary iodine, controlling allergies, avoiding cigarette smoke and the artifificial sweetener aspartame, and reducing stress.

And keep asking questions here!

Best wishes,
Yvonne, remission since 2005

#3 hollyhasgraves

hollyhasgraves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi Marisa, and welcome!

If you post here

https://www.livingwithgravesdisease.com/forums/index.php?/forum/3-graves-disease-and-thyroid-discussion/

in the main forum, more people we see your thread.

Do you want to tell us a little more about your situation? Yes, Graves' is overwhelming at first, not only are you coping with a disease you probably had never heard of before, your body is running in overdrive, so you are dealing with high heart rate, poor sleep, and difficulty concentrating or staying on an even keel (for most of us).

If you have time to read the Thyroid 101 section you can start learning the lifestyle changes that will speed your recovery--these include avoiding dietary iodine, controlling allergies, avoiding cigarette smoke and the artifificial sweetener aspartame, and reducing stress.

And keep asking questions here!

Best wishes,
Yvonne, remission since 2005

#4 hollyhasgraves

hollyhasgraves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hey,
you are not alone. I think thats the biggest thing with Graves, you feel so bad sometimes, and nobody understands. I was diagnosed and feel alone also. No matter how bad I feel, days go on, kids need me, animals need me, house needs me, and my body is on a ride of its own. One day i feel as though Im on crack and the next week I feel so tired. I have been haveing extreme tiredness lately which we know us who have hyper thyroid arent use to , so this is very hard for me being a stay home mommy of three, and a husband whose over the road. You are not alone, we can chat if youd like.
Holly

#5 marisa

marisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks holly you sound a bit like me except i have4 children. Life is a bit harder here because of the country i live in eoth no family except my husbands the inlaws lol who sem to think its all in my head and that im a hypercondriac. My hubby says he understands but he dose not. So hes still " wheres my dinner or whys tje house a mess gggrrrrrrrr thats when i get the rage attaks but thats from not being understood more than the graves. Lol regards marisa x

#6 HoneyMel

HoneyMel

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hi, I'm new here too. Graves for the last 9 months + and newly divorced so a single mum of two.

I'll be working full time again soon (eek), but have had 5 months off work as I've been very ill indeed. I've had lots of support from my colleagues thankfully, but it took them ages to understand that when I say "I'm feeling a bit better" it doesn't mean "I am better now"!

I can feel amazing for a few days, then super exhausted and depressed the next week, you never know do you? My T4 levels have been all over the place, but I have just kept going on about it, explaining and then doing it again, putting people right when they misunderstand. Keep at them, til they get it!

You are not alone.

Happy to chat anytime....

X

#7 jodileanne

jodileanne

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

I felt very alone when I first found out that I have Graves. I started reading as much as I could on the internet.

I wanted to be able to understand my own test results. I began feeling like I was drowning in a sea of information.

Then I found this site and the (personal stories) of people with Graves. I felt compelled to read every one of them.

So  I did... it helped me so very much. I could see my self in some of them. I was able to relate with their thoughts

and feelings. The overwhelming feeling of aloneness departed.    

LivingWithGravesDisease.com is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with your health care provider.

The documents in this website are the sole property of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. They may not be redistributed or sold for profit in ANY WAY without consent of LivingWithGravesDisease.com. Permission is granted for the copying of these documents ONLY for one's own personal use or redistribution to others on a strictly informational and NON-profit basis, provided that: A.) these documents are not edited or modified in any way, B.) LivingWithGravesDisease.com is not held responsible or liable for its content and C.) this notice and the disclaimer below remain attached in their entirety.

© Copyright 2000-2014 All rights reserved.

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service